5.14.2008

day one

you can consider it day one, i suppose even though we traveled for nearly two days to reach Kampala, Uganda. Yea...Uganda. I cannot believe that I am finally here. A lot of emotion has been building up to this moment. This moment of actually being in Africa. I am siting at an internet cafe in the heart of Kampala at Garden City Mall. I just converted my dollars to shillings and am ready to go. In a few short minutes, we are headed to the US Embassy for a meeting with the ambassadors. Crazy, right? They wanted to meet with the Americans that work for Invisible Children. Easy enough.

Its beautiful so far. The people, the land, the heart of this place. After the Embassy, we are traveling north to our actual destination of Gulu where the IC offices are. Its about a 6 hour van ride on crazy bumpy roads. Looking forward to it. The unknown.

No comments: